Have you ever had one of those days where working out is just not at the top of the priority list? Sometimes, I find myself in the midst of laundry, writing, blogging, cleaning, cooking, walking the dog, and plenty of other tasks, so when I muster up the strength and energy to do yoga or go on a hike, I feel like I deserve a little pat on the back afterward.
You may not receive an Olympic medal for doing yoga today, but you can have a sweet treat to reward yourself! This simple goodie is healthy, nutritious, protein-packed, and chilled to perfection on these hot summer days. The best part is, they’re easy and super inexpensive to make, and they’re delicious!
Frozen Peanut Butter & Banana Bites
1. Lay down one small sheet of parchment paper.
2. Slice one banana.
3. Spread a thin layer of peanut butter onto your banana slices.
4. Make a “sandwich” by stacking another banana slice on top of the ones with peanut butter.
5. Place one more sheet of parchment paper on top.
6. Put your treats in the freezer for one hour.
7. Gobble them up!
You can also sprinkle a little bit of cinnamon onto your peanut butter for a little spice! And if you’re looking for a healthy dessert option, dip your frozen banana bites into hardening chocolate, allow the chocolate to dry, then place them back into the freezer into time to eat and serve.
This recipe is so simple, but so perfectly tasty on a hot day after a good workout. You deserve it! Enjoy 🙂